Wednesday, December 6, 2006

What's that you say?

Harrison is quite suddenly a chatterbox.  Much like a mocking bird, he follows me around all day repeating little snippets of my conversations.  As he says more and more his pronunciation is improving, but let's just say it's not quite clear yet.  Most people listening to him have no idea what he's saying, but as his mom and #1 companion (sorry B, it's only based on amount of hours spent together) I can understand more than the naked ear hears.  Following are some funny mispronunciations:
Peace out = pees out (we're potty training, of course)
Knowing = snowing
Emma and Elmo are interchangeable...I think H thinks he's getting an Elmo, rather than a little sister named Emma.  I see rude awakenings in your future, my son.
All trucks, snowblowers, helicopters, and lawn mowers are grouped into the category fondly referred to as "tractor".
The monkey formerly known as Curious George now goes simply by "Curious" in this household. 
Whim = swim
Moo = milk (how very appropriate, don't you think?)

No comments:

Post a Comment