Friday, January 28, 2011

Three Things

  • The children have decided and demanded that if they should ever have a little sister she shall be named Princess Lulu.  We have no idea why.
  • When Emma’s class went to The Hyde Collection this week they studied portraiture.  In front of the entire class Emma did an upward salute, or Urdhva Hastasana, and then gave a deep, reverent bow with hands held palms together in front of Rembrandt’s Christ with Arms Folded.  I guess she’s getting a good mix of ideas.
  • When I was writing to both of our foster mother’s today I asked each child if he or she had a special message they would like me to include in their letter.  Harrison asked me to to write: “I want you to know that I look handsome in my school uniform and I am nice to my sister.”  Emma wanted me to write “I love cat toys.”  (She meant toys in the shape of a cat and after much deliberation and explaining we decided on “I love Hello Kitty”.)

No comments:

Post a Comment