Monday, September 5, 2011

Shaking my fist at Google+

Have you noticed that when you scroll back a bit in the archives of this blog you suddenly find black boxes that look something like a strange road sign instead of the pretty pictures that used to be there?  Yeah, me too.  Annoying!  It seems that upon signing up for Google+ I hit a snag that many others have unfortunately found as well.  In short, Google+ ate all of my photos from associated accounts, including Picasa web albums and Blogger. 

Now, before you get all computer hero on me and try to save me from my poor blogging self (not that I do not appreciate your valiant efforts, because I do!) I have been in contact with the powers that be at Blogger and there is no quick fix, perhaps no fix at all for the foreseeable future.  Luckily I had a backup of my archives saved to a file on my computer and I was able to export that to Wordpress and basically rebuild my blog from that, sans comments.  It took some time and I am still tweaking it, but once things are up and running I will post the appropriate links and get back to writing. 

All of this to let you know that yes, I also see the bog black boxes and yes, I am working on fixing them.  Go carry on with your last few days of summer and check back here next week.  And whatever you do, if you have a blog on blogger, do not join Google+ until they have this glitch fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment