Tuesday, May 2, 2006

I've been tagged!

So Jen wants to know six weird things about me. Only six? Well, gee, it might be hard to narrow down the field. In no particular order:

1. I have an obsession of sorts for old furniture and objects of interest....not necessarily quality antiques, but old. I love to think about the people who sat in chairs before me, the kinds of clothes that used to fill dresser drawers, and the hands that created the legs of a table. I am currently housing in my garage: five occasional chairs, a headboard and footboard for a double bed, a dresser, a pig trough (I bought it accidentally at an estate auction and couldn't bear to part with it), four window panes, and various assorted shovels from an old farm.

2. I can find very small things when they are lost. Case in point-the button from my camera I found last week at the very big playground. I once found my stepdad's wallet in the woods behind our house, and I also found a diamond stud earring that was lost during a game of volleyball at my cousin's graduation party.

3. I am nice to telemarketers, usually. Sometimes I let them talk and talk and talk because I think it must be frustrating to constantly get hung up on. I never participate in any of their gimmicky deals, but I do wish them a nice day before I say goobye.

4. My dream house would be one of these. I love the curves, the colors, the artistic appeal...don't they look like something out of the Smurfs?

5. When I complain about my cramps during that TOM I am not joking: I have two regular sized uteruses. Uteri?

6. When we were kids my brother and I created a huge "theme park" in the woods behind our house and named it Weirdland. No joke. My mom found the sign I painted for the park's entry in the shed last summer. See? I've been weird my whole life!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for participating! Ok, that house - WEIRD! Really, though, it would be pretty calming not to have corners I think. Hmm..now you've got me thinking about all the angles in here...

    Seriously, welcome back! I missed you and Harrison!! Need my pic fix of your little guy!

    ReplyDelete