Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Either Someone Is Living In Our Garage...

...Or the overhead door light has a mind of its own. 
This morning at 3:30am I came downstairs to see what Little Miss Emma was up to (there were happy baby noises over the monitor) and saw the garage light was on.  I guessed one of us had flipped the switch after dark and forgot to turn it off before going to bed.  I'll admit that my heart raced a little because A) I am a chicken at night and B) we do live just a mile or two from a state prison...ok, it is a minimum security prison, but the inmates do escape with alarming frequency.  Anyway, when I left Emma sleeping soundly in her crib 15 minutes later,the light was off.  I RAN up the stairs to bed, scared Brendan half to death by telling him about the light situation, and was told that it happens all the time.  Good to know.  You know, so I don't have heart failure in the wee hours of the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment