Friday, November 2, 2007

Baby "Fella" Has Landed

Our friends, Robyn and Doug, are officially parents!  Their beautiful daughter, Ella, arrived last night at Albany International airport, and we were honored to be invited to observe as they became a family of three.  Congratulations to the new family!  Harry calls her Baby Fella, and can't seem to grasp the idea that there is no F on the beginning of her name.  Luckily, Robyn and Doug don't seem to mind his mispronunciation.
Watching as they were handed their daughter for the very first time I could not help but think of the first time I saw each of our children, and then the solid, real feeling of them in my arms.  I know that Robyn, Doug, and Ella are in for a few very long days and nights, but I want to wish them every happiness that family has to offer, and a lifetime of love and adventure together. 
Robyn and Doug - These first few days are precarious, but it gets easier and easier with each passing day.  Take heart, get some sleep, drink lots of coffee, and don't forget to eat.  And congratulations!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Sara! This post brought tears to my eyes. We are so very blessed, especially to have you all as part of our chosen family. And I don't mind baby "Fella"; after all, it was Harry who got her home :)

    ReplyDelete