Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Things That Are Making Me Say "Oh Crackers" *

1.  Remember THIS?  Round two has begun, only with higher pitched whining and brief moments of remorse from the wee one in which she gives us huge smiles and hugs.  Teething maybe?  I am still clueless.
2.  Whenever I open Internet Explorer I get at least two or three other Internet pages that try to open simultaneously, slowing down my computer and forcing me to close them before anything else will work.  I have pop-up controls activated.  It's making me crazy.  I have noticed that several of the unwanted windows are Google sponsored and I am going to try to get rid of my Google bar and see if that helps (I hate the darned thing anyway).  I am hoping that it has nothing to do with the two Trojans my avast! found this morning.
3.  My house is stupid, or at least the first floor is.  I know, I know, some of you will tell me to shut up about it, because it is a nice house.  BUT, the first floor really is stupid.  There is no good way to arrange to furniture, as is evidenced by the twelve hours I spent yesterday trying to achieve a good arrangement and by my slightly aggrieved back.  My couch has been in at least 6 positions, my dining room in two or three, and my poor rabbit has been moved at least seven times.  He is in a state of irritation this morning, stomping his feet and generally making a lot of noise without emitting a sound. 
4.  It's raining and I have to go out with my kids.  Also, see #1.
5.  This is day five of Brendan's third shift week, and I am exhausted.  So is he. 
6.  Daylight Savings Time.  Need I say more? 
7.  Tick season is disgusting.  I applied Frontline this morning, a day too late.  Riley had a huge engorged tick on her this morning, which I had to pull off despite the major heebie jeebies it gave me.  Ticks, leeches, and other little blood suckers make me cringe.

* Harry has started saying this when something goes wrong.  I think it hails from PBS's SuperWhy

1 comment:

  1. Julie says it, too. It's pretty satisfying. Sorry to hear about the possible teething tantrums. Wish I had advice... only support. And tons of sympathies to you and Brendan. We'll bring extra coffee by if you need it! (And tweezers for the ticks.)

    ReplyDelete