Friday, February 27, 2009

Shameless Self Promotion

I knit.

You know that from the bazillion pictures of bags/sweaters/dresses I knitted when waiting for Emma to come home, right?  Well, now I am happy and excited to announce that you can knit with me!  Anne's Yarn Shop in G.F. has asked me to teach a felting (fulling) class in March.  For $15 plus the cost of supplies you can learn to make a striped handbag using Cascade 220 yarn and a bag pattern that I developed.  The fee includes 2-2 hour sessions, March 14 and March 21, held from 12-2pm.

The best part of knitting and felting wool yarn is that once you know how a particular yarn shrinks you can go off-pattern and create your own originals.  It is a technique well worth learning, resulting in a bag that is sure to bring many compliments (I know mine do).  I do hope some of you local knitters will join us!  Email me for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment