Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Overheard

E:  "Mom, you have really pretty arm hair.  Just so you know. "

 H:  "Thanks for that kiss, Mom.  I've been waiting for a kiss for hours and hours and hours."

E: (stamps foot and grunts) "I tired of all this packing.  I hate this packing."

H:  "When I grow up I'm going to be a firefighter.  And Spiderman.  One can be my dayjob."

E:  "When I grow up I want to be a purple kitty cat.  Mommy?  You know I like kitty cats?  You know I like them a LOT?"

H:  "Do you think our house is going to float away?"  (he asked this one with a grave look of concern on his little face as he watched the rain pour down in sheets for the 24th day last month)

H:  "When I was a little kid I didn"t know how to climb the ropes at the playground, but now I'm all grown up!"

E:  "I'm having a tough day with you, Mommy.  You been bad girl."  (this after we went hiking, played at the playground, went out for lunch, and spent the afternoon playing t-ball in the yard.  I give up.)

H:  "When I grow up I'm going to be the drummer in Uncle Brent's band, 'cause the drummer he has now is old.  Like, reeeeeaaaally old."

E:  (wearing sunglasses) "Do I look like a rock star now?"

H:  "This summer is wearing me out."

H:  "They have lots of neat animals in Africa, Mom.  We should go there on Daddy's next vacation."  (watching too much Mama Mirabelle?)

E:  "It bedtime yet?  I'm exhausted of this day."

No comments:

Post a Comment