Friday, March 17, 2006

Living the good life.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of my corned beef and cabbage eating friends out there...don't drink too many green beers tonight.

One of my dogs is desparately trying to eat a chick pea off of the high chair. Should dogs eat chick peas? (And, you might ask, why is H eating chick peas for breakfast?)

I turned 29 the other day. Still feel like the baby of our crowd even though some of our crowd have babies.

You cannot make English muffins out of Jiffy Mix. You can make fried biscuits, which aren't half bad with jam. But don't burn them because your house will smell like overcooked Jiffy...ick.

If you live near Saratoga you must dine at Ravenous...it is divine. Last evening I had the Taj Mahal, a savory crepe with chicken, apple, and cauliflauer curry, an organic mixed greens salad, a mug of mint tea, and pommes frittes. YUM. I have never had the delight of trying a sweet dessert crepe, as I always over-indulge on dinner but one day I will go for the sole purpose of enjoying dessert. Want to join me?

Harrison has new shoes....um, three pairs of new shoes to be exact. Aunt Brooke bought one pair, red and white sneakers that he loves to stare down at as he stomps around the living room. I bought him a pair of short wellies for muddy spring days, which I feel are surely right around the corner. I also could not help buying a super cute pair of navy, turquoise, and lime green sneakers. Oh, the joy of dressing a boy!

I purchased three new books yesterday: The Lovely Bones, curious incident of the dog in the night-time, and The Time Traveler's Wife. This is very indulgent of me but rereading my current collection was starting to be a bore. Must go to library next time! Do you have suggestions for more good reads?

Three weeks until our vacation at: http://www.sixflagsgreatescapelodge.com/

Did you know that almost every morning for 6 1/2 years my Brendan has left me a cup of tea on the counter, fixed just the way I like it with too much sugar and just a little milk, so that when I awake it is ready for me? That is love. How could I not adore this man?

Life is good, indeed.

5 comments:

  1. The time Travelers Wife was good! Kind of odd & it really makes you think.

    If you like a good, quick read, I really liked the Stephanie Plum series, by Janet Evonivich. LOL funny! Or the Outlander series, by Diana Gabaldon. Awesome work!

    I've got tons of others, too. Let me know what you like. I've kinda gone to historical romance stuff. It's easy to read & you don't have to think too much, which is a sleep deprived bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps! I hit the enter button by mistake before I got to sign my name. Sorry!
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say "Aww..." to the tea thing? That is SO sweet!!

    And you never answered why Harrison is having chickpeas for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was eating chick peas because we desparately needed to go food shopping...and he LOVES chick peas lately. I'll admit I'm not an alpha mom! Sometimes I just can't do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my your baby boy is gorgeous!

    saw your post over at emmabug and wanted to say, I think of the birthmom too!

    take care-Jenny

    ReplyDelete