Sunday, November 5, 2006

Big News!!!!

I am perhaps one of the most negligent writers you know, but this time I haHee Seon 1ve an excellent reason:













 Her name is Lee, Hee Seon.  Hee means happy, and Seon (pronounced 'sun') means good.

This beautiful girl is going to be our daughter!  She was born August 24 and weighed in at 6.4 lbs.  At her October 6th well baby checkup she weighed 8.6 lbs.  She is healthy, strong, and alert.  And did I mention beautiful?  We are reeling with joy and excitement!

 Hee Seon 2

When we applied for a second child with our adoption agency last month, we never in a million years thought we'd have a referral so soon.  We expected to wait until at least July of 2007 for a referral, with the baby possibly coming home at the end of the summer.  When our agency director called to let us know she had a refrral for us I nearly fainted!  We cannot wait to bring Hee Seon home...if all goes well she should arrive in February or March of 2007.

Hee Seon 3

Have you ever seen such cute hair?  It sticks straight up!  And is it just me, or does she seem to have as much hair as Harrison already?  And those toes!  And her little fists!  She looks so long and slender, but I have to remember that she's not even two months old in these photos.  It is amazing how quickly you can become attached to a face in a photograph.  When I close my eyes I can picture her perfectly...I have studied every centimeter of each photo, as I will for the next four or more months, soaking in each detail and memorizing each wisp of hair, the curve of her chin, and every little wrinkle on her ankles.

 Harry already anwers "Emma" when you ask him what his baby sister's name is, and he loves looking at her pictures.  We're positively giddy right now.  Pinch us.  Is this for real?

1 comment:

  1. wow! that was fast! congratulations! she's adorable.

    we are just settling in with our second, home now just over a week. he's just a couple months older than your new daughter.

    best of luck & congrats again!

    ReplyDelete