Monday, November 6, 2006

In which I admit I am no good at wordpress, I try out live livewriter,and I try once again to post pictures of Emma

It pays to have friends who know what they are doing when it comes to Internet technology, especially when you happen to be particularly challenged in that area.  Our friend Tony is keeping me as informed as he can, but I think I'm a tough case...it all goes in one ear and out the other.  When I started my weblog last November (OMG it's been almost a year!) using blogger it was easy...it's simple, simple, simple, and made for idiots like me who need buttons that magically do everything for you.  I learned a little along the way, and eventually realized that simple, simple, simple does not allow for much wiggle room when it comes to doing fun things with your weblog.  Hence the move to Wordpress, and my ensuing bafflement.

So this is my first livewriter post, which Tony says will help with the bafflement, and here (hopefully) are the pictures of the baby girl:

Some people will tell you that waiting for a second child to come home is easier because you have one child to keep you busy.  Reporting from Day Three of The Wait, I can assure you this has not been my experience thus far.  I am busy with Harrison, but amidst the Cheerio fetching, goodnight kisses, Dr. Seuss reading, and endless driving of toy cars over the furniture, my mind is swimming with thoughts of Emma.  I have dreamed of her two nights in a row...once of her in Korea, in her foster family's house, and once of her being home, playing with Harry...in each she was smiling and happy and I had the overwhelming feeling of contentedness.  I wonder what she'll like, what colors will look good on her, what size clothes I should buy, will she be afraid of Riley and Charlotte, will she take soy or cow's formula, will she double in size by the time she comes home like Harry did, or will she be a little peanut?

And this I know for sure:  The time will creep by achingly slow, to the point that I will almost convince myself that she's never coming, and then all of the sudden The Call will be imminent, mere days away, and it will feel like only days have passed since we first held her sweet picture in our hands.  There is a time warp when it comes to adoption...you get sucked into some kind of black hole where time never moves, and then you're suddenly spit out into a new reality with a wriggling baby, no sleep, and a million smiles that make your cheek muscles ache. The anticipation is awful and wonderful at once, but I know that four months or so from now it will seem like the blink of an eye.

3 comments:

  1. She is BEAUTIFUL!! congrats !! I hope it is a "blink of an eye" until she is in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    Congratulations!!! She is just beautiful. I agree that she kind of resembles Harry---especially in the picture sitting on the lap. She sort of holds her head like Harry. The director of you agency is so incredibly thoughtful! I hope your wait is SHORT!!!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man, she is beautiful. Just beautiful. Oh, man....

    Congratulations!

    Wishing you a short wait,
    T

    ReplyDelete