Friday, August 10, 2007

Notes From The House of Ill

I haven't been this sick since I lived in Connecticut, the first time, when my daycare job's germs kept me in a constant state of ill.  Harry started it all, throwing up all night Monday and into Tuesday, then I started to have the same symptoms on Wednesday night.  We all have an upper-respiratory infection, too, so life at our house is more than a little messy right now.  We're just starting to feel a little better today, so I think I will venture out for Lysol and decongestant, maybe some vanilla ice cream and freezer pops for our throats.
Can I just say, being sick in the summer really, really stinks?  It does.  It was a gloriously beautiful day yesterday, and I sat glued to the couch because for the most part I was too weak to go upstairs and lie in my bed.  I had to call in reinforcements to help me watch my kids (thank you, Mike!) because I was too dizzy to stand up for very long.  It was awful.
Babies with stuffy noses do not drink bottles well, and the aspirator that she found delightfully funny yesterday is her nemesis today, when she really needs it.  She has cried fairly constantly for the last few hours, soothed only by being held upside down...what's that about?  I'm afraid to hold her that way for very long in case it kills brain cells or something.
If I have to watch Chicken Little one more time I think I might resign from stay-at-home-parenthood for good.  Did anyone else, upon the first viewing of this movie, think that it was awful that the aliens were vaporizing people in a children's movie?  We did, until it was revealed later on that they were just beaming them up into their ship, to be safely returned later on.  But still, that kind of freaked me out at first.
Emma is also teething, did I mention that?  Yes, she's getting her upper canines, so she'll have fangs for Halloween (she has no other upper teeth).  I think she'll make a splendid little vampire don't you?  With a little red bow on her head?  I have to start shopping for black baby capes now, complete with high starched collar.  Heh.  Our parents are going to love that.

1 comment:

  1. Feel better, Sara and family! And I think Emma will make the cutest vampire. Maybe Harry can be the bat!

    ReplyDelete