Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Restored to Health, Mostly

I'd like to give a shout out to Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges, you made the last two weeks bearable.  Sudafed PE, you stink.  You did nothing to help me.  Nyquil, you hold a revered spot on my shelf of cold, flu, and allergy medications but your counterpart, Dayquil, does not.  And nasal rinse Ayr, we are just about best friends, as you know. 
I am feeling better now, but I still sound pretty terrible.  Getting a good night's sleep helped in a huge, huge way.  Enough talk of sickness, let's get on to better things.

First, a picture of Emma waiting rather impatiently for us to get ready to leave the house.  Both of my kids think that once they have their shoes on we can just walk out the door and I wish it was true.  But diaper bags need to be packed, bottles need to be made, and I have to find my shoes.  Funny thing about finding my shoes is that they are never where I left them.  In a house with two toddlers shoes take on a life of their own, as favorite toy, something to smack the dog with, and recently, an entree roasting in the toy kitchen's state-of-the-art oven.  Heh.  It took me a whole day to find them that time.  Yes, I do have more than one pair, but I prefer those shoes. 

After spending a little while in the big pool this week our babies were cold but still wanting to play, so I filled the little pool with warm tap water and let them frolic on the deck.  They both continue to love the water, and I am very much looking forward to seeing them splash at the beach on our vacation this month.  Note to self: take more outdoor photos...they are soooooo much better than flash photography!


2 comments:

  1. I am delighted to hear that the Sullys are recovering nicely. However, I do believe that you have sent the "house of ill" over to the Deuces...well, at least to WTD himself. It's quite deceptive, disguising disease as cute babies! At least it was well worth it to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the cold germs have spread westward, too. Just in time for us to go camping this weekend. At least CJ seems to be on the up-swing, so the rest of us will just have to muddle through. Glad you all are doing better!!

    ReplyDelete