Sunday, November 20, 2005

October photos















I haven't taken any great pictures this week, so I'm pulling some old ones (pre-blog) to share. These were taken October 2nd, 2005 during a week of the loveliest weather we had this year. Harrison was on the cusp of walking, but was so fascinated by the grass, leaves and flowers that he forgot to even try to take a step! Now, a month and a half later, it amazes me that he just stands and walks away. He does still sit down after a few steps...his record is six in a row, but I know any day now he'll just take off across the room, and I'll be left in his dust. He is no longer my infant, rather quite decidedly a toddler.

Thinking back to this time last year, Brendan and I had just decided to move forward with adoption, but we decided to wait until after the holidays to choose an agency, country, or program. I was so sad last year, watching all of my nieces and nephews and wondering when we'd have our child home with us. Little did I know that seven months from Thanksgiving 2004 our son would be in our arms! It has been a year of "firsts" for us, and this will be Harry's first Thanksgiving. Can you all guess what we're thankful for this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment