Friday, February 3, 2006

True confessions of a Stay at Home Mom

Harrison is still sick, only now we can add to his list of symptoms a rash that has left his belly, back, and head covered with hundreds of red spots. The fever has subsided, but the general malaise and crankiness have persisted, and we've been stuck in the house for the better part of a week now. The nurse at our pediatrician assures us that this is probably Roseola, a relatively benign, possibly viral infection that is not very contagious and should be gone within 4-7 days of onset. We're on day #6, so hopefully the end of this is near. Harrison has been so sad and moody this week that only holding him constantly stops his whiny crying (which is fine by me...I like it when he holds still long enough to cuddle), and my back has been bugging me from all of this baby carrying. This morning I went to get out of bed and pulled a muscle in my neck (ouch!) so both Harry and I are under the weather today. Plus, it's raining and crappy out, which makes me sleepy and not very motivated. I have a zillion little things I should be doing, but somehow none seem as important as eating bowls of popcorn and catching up on my talk shows. Oh dear. I think we've hit a new low in the motivation department. Must. Get. Butt. Off. Of. Couch.

1 comment:

  1. OOH, Sara...you're not helping me think I'll be motivated to be doing tons of projects as a SAHM...I am a natural couch potato. Yikes!!!

    Feel better, and I hope Harry gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete