Friday, January 6, 2006

Resolutions, anyone?

Have you made any? Does anyone actually manage to keep them?

Brendan got me a new cookbook for x-mas, and I have made a resolution to choose ten recipes at a time and shop only for ingredients to those recipes. So far so good, and the recipes are quite tasty. Plus it is very helpful to have a menu from which to choose what to cook, instead of looking in the cupboard, seeing nothing instant, and grabbing the phone to dial a pizza.

I also made a resolution to eat meals when Harry does during the day, as I have noticed that I tend to skip meals, snack a lot, and drink too much coffee. This one has been little harder, but I am trying. The thing is, I like to snack. So I picked up some carrot sticks at the grocery and I always have microwave popcorn.

Thirdly, I want to bring exercise back into the routine. Took a 1/2 hour walk with Harry in backpack yesterday, wore my winter boots, and got two HUGE blisters on my heels. Boots apparently do not fit, and I'll wear sneakers today, despite the snow.

I have also "gone back to work", in a sense. I am doing some marketing from home for one of my old bosses, and that has been fun so far. Makes me feel a little more accomplished.

Last resolution is to bring art back into my life. I haven't quite worked out how to do this yet, but there is an easel in my basement that whispers to me whenever I go down there to do laundry. If it doesn't stop whispering, I might just have to go slap a canvas on it and paint to shut it up!


Good luck with your resolutions...may you stick with them, and may this year be the year that it all clicks into place!

No comments:

Post a Comment