Tuesday, March 27, 2007

We're Still Here, We're Just Boring

There isn't anything new to report, not anything particularly interesting, anyway.  We're still waiting to hear how Emma is feeling, and we got a message from our agency director today saying she was "not calling about our baby's travel, but has a question" for us.  She wanted me to call her ASAP, but I was out and when I tried to return her call she had already left the office for the day.  As you can imagine I am dying of curiosity as to what she wants.  I will have to wait until tomorrow to find out, so I'll spend another evening filled with adrenaline.
Someone who works with another agency sent me their travel packet for Korea (I am protecting their privacy so they don't get in trouble for doing so....but thank you so much!), with instructions about where to go, what to do, what to expect, etc.  It has been hugely helpful in preparing me for our trip.  Because we will have meetings with the founder and director of Eastern I wanted to have at least one non-frumpy, somewhat nice looking outfit.  You know, something nicer than my stay-at-home-mom garb (jeans and t-shirts).  The occasion sort of calls for a blouse and skirt, of which I own one, and that skirt in particular just screams WINTER with its gray woolness.  Love that skirt, but the season has changed and I wanted something new, something pretty.  I never have good luck buying skirts.  I am on the short side of the spectrum, and many skirts have the affect of making me look even shorter. But today the shopping gods were on my side and I found a skirt that I love, it was half off (yippeee!), and they had it in two colors so I bought two!  I also bought two blouses and a cami to wear beneath them.  It feels good to have nice clothes in my closet...actually they are so pretty that I hung them up in our room so I could look at them.  Can you tell that it has been awhile since I bought anything new for myself?  Tomorrow we tackle the problem of shoes...I've looked all over the place with no luck, but there must be a shoe out there somewhere that does not have a 3-4 inch heel.  If all else fails I'll order online and pay for quick shipping.
I have also been spending a lot of time reading my book club book.  I had been slacking on reading it because I thought I would either be in Korea (I planned to read it on the plane), or I would have a brand-new baby in the house, both scenarios keeping me from attending.  It now seems unlikely that I will be in Korea by Thursday evening, so I am trying to finish the book quickly in order to make our meeting.  We're reading the memoir The Glass Castle, and I find myself both thoroughly enjoying it and having a hard time reading it...the latter due to the severe lack of basic parenting skills exhibited by the parents in the book.  I haven't gotten to the end, but I'll try to remember to update you with my overall impression once I have. 
This morning I cleaned all of the ice and snow off the deck, cleaned the deck furniture, and arranged it so we could sit outside on sunny afternoons.  And we did sit out there this evening, right before we took a leisurely stroll through the neighborhood.  It was a delicious feeling to be able to walk after dinner, to feel my body move after months and months of sitting curled tightly on the couch to conserve both energy and warmth.  And!  My Irises!  They are growing!  I just love spring.  It makes me feel good inside.
See, nothing very noteworthy at all.  Just the phone call, and who knows what that will bring.  Keep your fingers crossed that it is good news, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment